Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I have a dream...

all joking aside, anyone who knows me know I love to cook & bake.  I am running out of storage and the garage doesn't work well for many things because of the temperature fluctuations.  I have always wanted a pantry and I have a formulated an idea for a "dream" pantry.  Here is my inspiration taken from the the blog called Honey & Fritz.
  (wipes up drool) Can you imagine?  Awesome right? I'm thinking lime-ish green walls, carpet tiles on floor, shelving similar to one above, replace slider with nice french door, and a simple chandelier (Yes- I said chandelier-why the heck not) so cute! Now here is my plan: take ugly unused space, build wall, drywall interior, paint, put up shelve, and organize.  Simple right?  Actually not bad except for the pesky thing called money! At least I'll have a plan, so when we do have the $ I can get right on it.  Here is my space.
OK.  So the cats will be slightly relocated to the side of the house, but since they don't help pay bills, they can get over it.  The space will make a good sized pantry.  The dimensions are about 6.5' W 7'D 8'H.  A few things I'm pondering are: 1. Will there be enough light in the living room when I loose the slider and 1 large window?  2. How much it costs to move the window to the back wall? Any input (Rose?) would be great.
This is the interior wall of the side patio.
  And here is the back wall.  Don't get me started on the fact every thing is monochromatic.  That will change.
So what do you guys think?  Any input grateful.  I'll post more detailed plans for the interior after a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment